Saturday, January 10, 2004

RSS DVR BSE

I've added a link to my rss feed. Once I got it working, I was horrified at how the standard orange XML button looked with my color scheme, so I made my own button using an interface to Bill Zeller's button maker application.

Thanks to Karl, who sent me a link about plans to offer HD TiVo for Direct TV. It sounds as if it will be a little pricey, ranging from $699 to $899. Do I really need a clothes dryer? Now I just have to think about getting that view of the southern sky. I'll have plenty of time to contemplate that while I'm waiting for the price to come down.

My family has spent a lot of time recently worrying about the food supply and what we're going to eat, especially after reading this article. I think we're just going to continue to avoid eating beef and try to only eat free range meat, whenever we can. Well, that's what I'm going to try to do at least. One of the things argued by the article is that other meat, such as pork, isn't safe, because the animals are slaughtered when the pigs are young, years before the spongiform encephalopathy would be expected to show up. Hearing about high levels of pollutants in farmed salmon doesn't inspire confidence about the alternatives either. I'm just going to live on smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment