Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Let it melt...Please!

I'm still here, still snowed in. There was a little bit of melting today, although it was only around 32 or 33 F, at most. Very little melting. I am so ready for spring.

I actually got a reasonable amount of work done, which is good.

Tonight, we tried Lightlife Smart Bacon. It was actually pretty good. It smelled like bacon. It did not look like bacon, but more like dried slices of hot dog. Fortunately, it didn't taste like that, but kind of like bacon, if you really used your imagination and were inebriated. Regardless of what did or not resemble, it was pretty good. I think it could be great in an omelet or mixed up in scrambled egg.

Yesterday, we tried Yves Veggie Dogs. While it didn't make me feel like vomiting, unlike Smart Dogs, it didn't inspire me to actually eat the rest of it either. I am thinking that vegetarian hot dogs are best avoided. The good thing is that all of these things are reasonably healthy, compared to their animal based counterparts. Obviously, if you can't get it down, it can't be beat, but the bacon, for example, is low in fat. 2 strips of bacon have 1.5 grams of fat and 45 calories. Compared to real bacon, that's not bad at all. Boca burgers are very good and I'm eager to try the rest of their products. Of course, I've never been too fond of hamburgers, so I'm probably not the best judge of that category of meatless products.

No comments:

Post a Comment