Friday, January 16, 2004

Electrical, Erroneous and Election Plans

I wasn't able to contribute more text to my blog last night, because I was working on the electrical plan for my house. When I visited University Lights over Christmas vacation, I decided to change a few of the lights to recessed "cans" and I needed to indicate where those would go on the plans. I also needed to mark up the other changes, such as location of the ceiling fan in the great room, add the sconces on either side of the mirror in the master bathroom and mark where phone/television jacks should go. I met with my builder, Kent, and the electrician after work today to discuss all these things. Some of these decisions are difficult. For example, placing the chandelier is critical, because it determines where my dining room table will go. Going over everything with them was great, although it was very cold and I nearly turned blue. I also got to meet Kent's dog, Nash. He's an adorable 8 month old Jack Russell Terrier.

I thought I would be meeting my friend, RR, (decided to use two initials, since some of my friends didn't decide to distribute their first initials evenly over the alphabet) for dinner, but I was actually confused as to which day her flight would be arriving. Fortunately, I called her and got it straightened out, so I was able to eat at home. I was starving!

Michael Moore endorsed Wesley Clark on Wednesday. That is excellent news. Both Dean and Clark seem like excellent candidates, but I wonder if Clark might have a better chance, if he were to win the nomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment