Saturday, January 03, 2004

IHOP to Sushi and Voldemort

This morning I got up early to meet friends at the IHOP at 12:30. Ok, so I only got up an hour earlier, but I did set my alarm. I have this feeling that I must have gone to an IHOP before, perhaps in another state, but I don't remember any of the details. I ate two pecan pancakes and four strips of bacon. They were all very good. I figured that since this was either the first or second trip to IHOP that I should at least order pancakes. My friends pointed out that all the meals come with pancakes, so you can't go wrong. Since I had focused on the pancake section of the menu, I hadn't noticed. Either way, what I ordered turned out to be the perfect amount of food for me.

Afterwards, my friends and I went back to their place and I helped out with their colored elevations of their future kitchen. I have a very large Berol Prismacolor set, so it was fun picking out pencils to match the tiles they had picked out. I also attempted to add in the old fashioned looking stove that they are planning for it. It's been a few years since I've really drawn anything, so I felt a bit rusty. I hope that I'll spend more time drawing and painting once I get my studio. During periods of sloth before, picking it back up was like riding a bike again. Hopefully it will be similar after five years of resting on my laurels. I never did paint any laurels...

Once I got back, we had takeout sushi for dinner, to make up for my abandoning my parents last night.

One thing that I've been struggling with or at least thinking about is anonymity of people mentioned in my blog. So far I've referred to people as friends and the many readers of this blog are probably envisioning the ever popular amorphous friend blobs. Seriously, everyone who reads this knows me and knows who I'm talking about or can guess. In case I have more than two readers, I think my policy will continue unless people say that they don't mind being mentioned by name. If it's confusing, it's confusing. It reminds me of teknonymy, practiced by many traditional cultures, such as the Yanomamo of Venezuela and Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment