Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blu Blogging : Blu Turns Two!

Tonight Blu Seafood and Bar celebrated its second birthday by bringing out complimentary appetizers to each table. The smoked salmon crostinis, quiches and crab rolls were a real treat.

I ordered a crab spring roll, which was looking and tasting particularly lovely tonight.

We got to enjoy birthday cake, too! The chocolate cake was great and the blackberries were incredibly delicious and sweet.

I had lunch with @mistersugar on Wednesday and I know he's been anticipating seeing his lunch on my blog. It was a mahi mahi special with a mango-pecan brown butter sauce and green beans. I love taking lunch photos, because the lighting is so much better and the results are more zoomable. In fact, that day Chef Tim Lyons and Mark were photographing selections from their new lunch menu, which will be unveiled in the next couple of weeks. Tim told me that it will even include a lobster roll!

I'm really looking forward to another one of their shellfish bakes, on July 22nd. You can read about the first and second Blu shellfish bakes and be sure to make reservations if you plan to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment