Monday, August 22, 2005

Celebrations with Food and Locopops

After all the decision making was over last week, it was time to celebrate. Thursday night, AE, GM, JH and I went to Chai's. I tried the Shrimp Chow Fun, which was ok. Afterwards we went to Shade Tree Coffee where we shared a delicious key lime pie from the Guglhupf bakery. It was very sour. I also tried a decaf cafe mocha smoothie, which was delicious.

Friday, AE, GM and I went to the Mellow Mushroom in the American Tobacco Historic District. They have extremely good pizza. We had a barbecue chicken pizza and a "Kosmic Karma", which has lots of good veggies and feta. It's a chain, but I was impressed. The district has changed quite a bit since I was there for the concert last October, because a lot of businesses have moved in, including several restaurants.

Later in the afternoon, I had to go to the bank and my father and I stopped at Locopops. Regular readers will know that I've been wanting to go there for a while. I bought a whole bunch of popsicles in all the flavors what I wanted to try. I'm relying on my memory, but the selection I bought included tamarind, hibiscus, mojito, peaches and cream, avacado, chocolate rosemary, nectarine orange, asian plum and lemon blueberry cream. I think I also got a coupe of others.
So far I've had the hibiscus (pictured here) and the mojito, which are both out of this world. I am a big red zinger fan, so I could easily become a hibiscus popsicle addict. Locopops was very popular on that hot afternoon. It's fantastic that they are doing so well and I hope they keep it up.

That night, CL met my parents and me for dinner at Taverna Nikos. That was a lot of fun. They had extra oysters from lunch, so I had fried ones over a village salad.

Saturday, GM, AE and EG came over. We watched four episodes of Doctor Who and two episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Doctor episodes were from the Pirate Planet, which was written by Douglas Adams. It had to have been over fifteen years since I'd seen any Doctor Who, so that was great. EG's husband was at the Pokemon World Championships, so she got to spend the whole day with us. Afterwords, we went to Vinny's for dinner and the Coffee Cafe for dessert. I tried a decaf iced cafe macchiato, which has espresso instead of coffee. I think I like a regular cafe mocha better, but it was good.

Sunday, I met JJ at Fowler's for lunch. We talked for several hours while eating huevos rancheros. It had eggs, tortillas, black beans, salsa, large chunks of perfectly ripe avacado and piles of shredded white cheddar cheese. It was an excellent meal. Surprisingly enough, that is a dish that I'd never ordered before.

Finally, that night, my parents and I went to ACME Food & Beverage Company. I had crab cakes and French fries. My mom had chicken with a wonderful blackberry sauce. I stole a spoonful and it was a surprisingly good dipping sauce for the French fries. For dessert, we shared peach cobbler. We hadn't been there for a while and it was nice for it to be my treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment