Friday, September 28, 2007

Upton Tea Imports

I wasn't going to blog at all tonight, because I'm still firmly under the weather and wasn't feeling up to it. Then I remembered that ordering some tea filters had been on my to-do list for some time now and there's nothing quite like ordering something off the web to perk me up a bit.

Once I placed my order, I thought it was imperative that I immediately inform my readers about Upton Tea Imports, located in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. Thanks to my brother, who gave me a teapot and a tea sampler back in 2004, it is the best place I know of to buy tea and "tea accessories". They have a huge selection of teas and you can buy 15g samples for $1 to $1.50 each or much larger quantities once you've discovered what you prefer.

At work, I don't have convenient access to a sink, so making coffee isn't practical. Without having a good place to rinse out anything, taking in my teapot wouldn't make a lot of sense either. Upton's, however, has these nifty disposable filter bags for individual cups or mugs for brewing loose tea. They also sell a clip with a chain to make the filters easier to use. This all opens up a whole world of teas to me.

I've been addicted to Bigelow's Plantation Mint for some time, but when I've had my dose of caffiene, I'll be trying my samples of Hibiscus Flowers, Honeybush Vanilla, Peach Melba, Organic Ginger Root and Cinnamon Plum. My brother also recommended Moroccan Mint green tea, so I'll be trying that, too. I also have most of a 125g package of Chinese Yunnan black tea that he ordered last Christmas. Once I try all those things, perhaps I can experiment with the hundreds of other varieties of caffienated tea they offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment