Saturday, August 26, 2006

Predictable Gustatory Goodness

June 17th was my Dad's birthday and I got him three more 184 piece Geomag sets and packages of each of the shapes of the panel pieces. The panels are pretty cool and I particularly like the clear ones. The triangle shaped ones are purely decorative, though. I spent the rest of the day making brownies for AC's party, which I went to that evening.

The following day was Father's Day and, as has become tradition, we went to ACME Food & Beverage Co. I, as always, had eggs benedict. I spent the afternoon at my parents' house visiting FIFO and prepping for TestFest.

On Monday, TestFest actually arrived. We all camped out in the CIT lab and tested our intended version of Blackboard. My mom delivered a bunch of food from CostCo, so I think most of us actually had a good time and accomplished a lot. That night, I watched the final game of the Stanley Cup Finals. It seemed pretty unbelievable and cool that the Hurricanes actually won. I never thought we'd have any sort of professional sports team win anything around here.

Tuesday was the final day of TestFest and it continued to go well. We finally celebrated my dad's birthday at Taverna Nikos that night. I ordered yet another village salad, which was just perfect. We shared a key lime pie and a kahlua and chocolate pie for dessert. When I got home, I signed up for Netflix!

Wednesday, NC and I went to the Mellow Mushroom after our meeting. We shared a spinach, bacon and garlic pizza, since it was so good when we'd ordered it before. That evening, I worked more on organizing old photos and found several really neat ones.

Thursday, about the only thing that happened that was noteworthy was that my first Netflix movie, March of the Penguins, arrived in the mail. Friday was more exciting. I had lunch with NP and I met AE and GM for dinner at Shanghai. I had sesame tofu, which was good. AE decided to go home and GM and I went on to JB and EG's house. We'd had a lot of rain, they have ten steps in front and there was a thunderstorm going on when we arrived, so we decided to meet at Madhatter's instead. That was a quite relief and we had a very good time talking, drinking decaf coffee and eating sweets. JB told us all about being a 6th grade teacher and going to gaming conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment