Thursday, December 27, 2007

Gadget Gushing

I gave my parents two new Motorola Razr V3m phones for Christmas. Verizon, at least, hardly charges anything for the phones themselves, so the real gift was picking out and ordering phones, adding their new service plan, activating the new phones and canceling the old SunCom plan.

When we were unpacking the boxes today, you would have thought that I was meeting small furry animals:

"Oh, this is so exciting."
"Aren't they adorable?"
"Look how small they are."
"Oh, this is so much fun!"

I'm such a gadget geek. I mean, I'm not even going to use these phones. I was like a parent who gets more out of her children's early holidays than the kids do. There was, however, more to it than that.

Since these are clamshell style cell phones, I will no longer be receiving 3 or 4 minute muffled messages from cell phones that like calling me from their owner's pockets. I do have to admit that this was entertaining once or twice out of the approximatey fifty times that it happened. Unlike their previous phones, we've already set up the voice-mail, so I'll actually be able to leave voice-mail when I can't reach them. It's the simple things that make me happy.

I still need to reject SunCom. On their website they say, "SUNCOM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AT YOUR SERVICE 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!" Apparently, Customer Service does not include canceling your service. For that, I need to talk to Account Services, which is only open from 8am to 9pm on weekdays and until 7pm on Saturdays.

Despite the gadget cuteness factor, I would still rather pet a large or small furry animal any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment