Saturday, October 20, 2007

Taverna Nikos Update III

This evening, I decided to check out the Food and Wine Festival at Brightleaf Square. It was similar to any other Friday or Saturday evening there, as of late, in that there was a stage with band and lots of people were milling about. There were also small tents for the vendors, which included most of the restaurants in Brightleaf and a few nearby.

One of the main reasons I wanted to go was because I'd seen in Duke's student newspaper, the Chronicle, an advertisement for the event indicating that Taverna Nikos would be represented at the festival. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get the latest information on when they would be re-opening.

IMG_2594
I spoke with Georgios Kastanias who is going to be the co-owner of the Taverna Nikos, along with Bill Bakis. Kastanias, who was very friendly, will also be the executive chef, but he assured me that Bill would be there running the restaurant. He said that they are still trying to get the paperwork straightened out and they've been working on renovations, but he believes they will be opening in two or three weeks. I got the impression that hoards of people had been asking him when they would re-open, which is not surprising to me given how eager I am to dine there again.

1 comment: