Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Soggy Wednesday

It's been raining lightly here for much of the day. As I was leaving work this evening, there was a robin gorging on earthworms that would otherwise get stranded on the sidewalk. It was so focused on carrying several at a time that I was able to get very close to it. I would have taken a photograph, but I really didn't feel like being in the cold (for this time of year) rain more than I had to.

I've been reading the latest installment of recipes from Epicurious.com. I recommend this site if you don't already subscribe to the tradtional cooking magazines. Even if you do, it's a great way to search on their contents. They literally have all recipes from Bon Appetit, Gourmet and possibly a few other. I was originally recommended this site by WH.

I just heated up some Jonathan T.'s frozen spanakopita, from Sam's Club. It's very good, but it's also very warm.

Last night I went to the Durham FM Association board meeting. I haven't been to one of those in a very long time. It was held at Bennet Pointe Grill. I had a "peasant's pasta with shrimp", which was pretty good. I resisted ordering some of the creamier pasta dishes, which sounded even better, due to the implied parmesan content. There was a lot to discuss at the meeting, so it was unusually long. The topic of what to paint on the mobile communications unit (translates to bread truck with mobile ham radios in it) was way too reminiscent of GUI design to me. I don't care as long as it doesn't look too much like an ambulance. Fortunately, it's very difficult for a bread truck to look like an ambulance, so I think we are pretty safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment