Saturday, June 18, 2005

Return Trip and Fun at Southpoint

My goodness, it feels as if it's been months since my last post, but it really hasn't. It hasn't even been a week.

Last Thursday afternoon, after we left Kitty Hawk Kites, we went to Nags Head Pier and looked around. I thought it was tremendously pleasant out there, because there was a strong damp wind blowing off the ocean and the pier goes way out into the sea. Fishermen casting in close proximity makes me a tad nervous, though.

Thursday night, we went to Owen's Restaurant one more time. I had Lobster Newburg, which was lobster in a cream sauce with large triangles of puffed pastry. My dad ordered a seafood pasta dish, but they accidently gave him chicken pasta. It was delicious, so he didn't mind and they brought him another entire entree to take home. We also took home a bowl of the lobster bisque for my mom to try.

The next morning, it was time to leave. We parked across from Jockey's Ridge to watch the kites for almost an hour. Several people had them out and some of them were very cool. In particular, there was a spinning star box kite that was just awesome.

On the way home, we took 98 home instead of trying to go through Raleigh at rush hour. It was interesting seeing what Bunn was like. All in all, I think it was a nicer drive anyway.

Saturday, GM and I went to Southpoint for dinner and to watch a movie. We ate at Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill. While waiting for a table, we saw a guy performing near one of the fountains. He seems to be known as JuggleBoy and he was rather good. He could easily juggle six balls. Since JH can only do four, I know that it must have taken a lot of practice. He also juggled flaming torches and that resulted in the most tips. From the website, it look as if there a strong religious connection there.

Firebirds was excellent. They had wonderful bread and I had sesame encrusted teriyaki salmon. It was very tender and served with fried spinach and parmesan mashed potatoes. The spinach was not battered, but bright green and crunchy.

Afterwards, we saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It, like many things I've seen lately, was very entertaining. It was also funny, too. It had almost War of the Roses feel to it near the end, with a little more elegance.

Sunday, I spend the entire day blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment