Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Torero's Near Brightleaf Square

Friday night, a bunch of my friends and I went out in search of good margaritas. We found them in at the Torero's near Brightleaf Square. Granted, we only looked for them at one place, but we were optimistic. I believe it had been exactly 20 years since I'd last been to that location of the local chain. They also had a sangria special for $3. I, of course, enjoyed a glass of horchata, since I am completely addicted now.

It was nice to see a different menu for a change and I ordered the Camerones Monterrey, which was shrimp wrapped in bacon with melted Monterrey Jack cheese, sauteed onions and peppers. It was really good. The surprising thing was that, unless I completely misunderstood the menu, it was meant to be eaten as fajitas. The shrimps had their tails still on them, so I think that would have been awkward.
Maybe the extra stuff that came with it, rice, beans, shredded cheese, and guacamole was supposed to go in the tortillas. In any case, I ended up eating everything separately and it was all excellent. I think this was really enough food for two people.

No comments:

Post a Comment