Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Tangential Evil

It turned out that the problem we were having with Turbo Tax Deluxe was that Wild Tangent, which had been installed by the new version of AIM, was keeping it from starting. My dad noticed that whenever he gave up and shutdown the laptop, Turbo Tax would finally start. Well, that's because it killed the wild tangent process. If you kill wtinstaller.exe in the task manager, then Turbo Tax starts like a charm. It seems as if something in Turbo Tax's update conflicts with Wild Tangent in some way. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to get rid of it. I'm going to have to invest in some free anti-spyware software.

I just reported it as a "bug" on the Turbo Tax support page. One thing that annoys me about that site is that none of their drop down fields/combo boxes have "none of the above" as an option.

It was very cold today, at least if one were stupid enough not wear a coat. Fortunately, the mad dashes to and from the van weren't too bad. We've just been spoiled by beautiful weather in the past few weeks and I was in denial. In other seasonal news, the wisteria is going nuts this year along 147. The dogwoods are in full bloom now and the redbuds are starting to fade.

I got my key to my house today! That's yet another exciting step. I still haven't decided on drawer pulls for the master bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment