Sunday, April 04, 2004

Table, Dinner and Fame

Today was quiet and restful. My main accomplishment was finding an adjustable height table similar to the one I already have. Hon seems to have discontinued my model, but they have a line called Provisions that should do the trick. I think they will be particularly helpful in the kitchen, but I'll have to be careful to use trivets, since their laminate tops aren't very resistant to heat.

This evening, my parents and I went to ACME Food & Beverage Company again. They have crab cakes with sweet potato mashed potatoes and snow peas, so I ordered the crab cakes with French fries and grilled asparagus. They don't seem to mind when I'm difficult. If anything, I think the waiters find it amusing. I hope so. The French fries were especially crisp and the crab cakes had a delicious lemon pepper flavor. For dessert, we shared a strawberry rhubarb cobbler topped with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. Of course, this was all accompanied by fresh rolls, of which I ate four. I seem to eat more of them each time I go, which is probably not a good thing.

Finally, not long after we got home, my mom was extremely excited to have been mentioned in someone's blog who was outside her family. If you take a look at Empire Notes, you can see that today, April 4th, at 9:45 AM, Rahul Mahajan mentioned "M.K. from North Carolina" in his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment