Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Yummy Cookies

The way the weather forecast was predicted, either it was going to start snowing around noon and it would be huge or it would be later and not as exciting. Well, it started snowing even before I woke up this morning and my alarm went off at 7:30am. Early morning wasn't one of the options, so what did it mean? It snowed all morning and early afternoon, but we didn't have the major blizzard that would have brought this bustling metropolis to a standstill. Nevertheless, it was not something I would want to drive in, so I worked from home, yet again.

Again, working from home does have its advantages. My mother brought in a plate full of warm homemade chocolate chip cookies this morning. Yes, people bring in baked goods on occasion, but they are rarely warm. Yes, as I'm sure many will remind me, once I move to my own house, I will have to make them myself. Even if my mom delivered them to my house, they would not be quite as warm and the chocolate chips would not be quite as gooey. Of course, call me crazy, but if I heard rumors that chocolate cookies were being made, I could always decide to work from my parents' house that day, if I could get there. If I could get there, then I could probably get to work, too, but that is neither here, nor there, but over there.

After a long day of work, I finally got to the point that I couldn't concentrate anymore and decided to eat dinner. I also watched American Idol. I didn't think that any of the singers were spectacular this week, but they mostly chose terrible songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment