Monday, February 02, 2004

Mixed

At work this morning, I got a call from my dad, to tell me that a friend of mine passed away, early last week. It was sad and shocking news, which was in my thoughts throughout the day. It's so important not to take life or friends and loved ones for granted.

The rest of the day was much more cheerful. Everyone at work was talking about the Super Bowl and very little discussion was about the game. At lunch we talked about if for a while and if we paused, we could hear neighboring tables talking about it. Before I left for work this morning, I saw film on the news from Boston celebrations. It was pretty amusing, comparing the puny celebration for a large professional team to the massive burning festivities in honor of the Duke Basketball team.

I have a quote, from my dad, that I thought was truly wonderful. He was asking me where I had learned about a term I had used and when I questioned his curiosity, he said, "You seem to be well educated and sometimes I wonder why."

No comments:

Post a Comment