Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas Day

Today's Christmas day lived up to our family tradition as a somewhat anticlimactic day to enjoy our presents and company. Unlike most American families, the anticipation of how people will react to their gifts and of what one might receive is already gone. Needless to say, it is not necessary to wake up early! It's perfect for night owls, like me, who like to sleep late. The day does call for a splendid meal, so my mother made her fantastic fried chicken, biscuits, asparagus and mashed potatoes.

Other than that, I completely revamped my website. It still looks the same. It says almost the same stuff. ..but now most of the links should actually work and the text is a lot more accurate. There are a couple of new links here and there. What would a personal website really be without a link to one's favorite comic strip?

My brother, Karl, and I gave our parents cell phones for Christmas. My phone is starting to seem ancient, but I'm really not in the mood to spend a lot of money right now, because I've been saving up for things for my new house. Granted, a lot of the cool new phones are free, but that still involves making a decision. Would I want a Handspring Treo 600 or something nice and tiny? If I change carriers, I want one that will work everywhere, of course. I'll probably just keep my phone, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment