Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Local Yogurt

Last night, I finally made it over to Local Yogurt at Rockwood Shopping Center, in Durham. When I last visited Six Plates, Matthew Beason, mentioned that he and the head chef, Ted Domville, were two of the owners. I knew then that I had to bump up my first visit on my priority list.

They offered four flavors of yogurt with a huge array of toppings from which to choose. Someday, I really want to try the potato chips as a topping, as reviewed by Carpe Durham, but I decided to start out with something a little more traditional.

I picked the mango yogurt with local Dolly Mama chocolate, blackberries and blueberries. The chocolate was extremely good, but it was very hard and risky for my teeth. I'm going to have to go with the dark chocolate curls next time. The blackberries and blueberries were amazing combined with the yogurt. My 2nd Most Faithful Reader got plain mango yogurt and he said it was very good by itself, but he was also happy to take the chocolate off my hands.

The shop is so clean, bright and cheery. The counter and cabinets are even painted in a color of orange that I find appealing. No small feat!

Definitely go as soon as you can get over there. It's a fantastic and comparatively healthy way to wrap up the evening after dining at one of the many excellent restaurants within walking distance.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so yummy! I like yogurt very much and also ice cream. Every time i'm in a bad mood i eat ice cream!

    ReplyDelete