Monday, March 09, 2009

Anotherthyme Blogging : MSB Special

I went to Anotherthyme recently and my 2nd Most Faithful Reader had very elegant gumbo that he said was very good. I love the pepper placement.

I had the MSB special, which is an old favorite, heralding back from the days of Somethyme and Pyewacket. Of course, when Somethyme was open, I believe I was too young to appreciate such things. I didn't eat a lot back then. In fact, I didn't really start eating food until I was about 14. I suppose I've made up for it.

The MSB special is an openface sandwich with fried egg, avocado, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts and cheese. I believe it had mustard, too, but I'm not exactly sure. It's wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Based on Anotherthyme's specials menu on the website, I don't think it's currently one of their specials, but I'm sure it will be back. Once it is, rush over there and get one.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Thank you for this brief blog post. I graduated from Duke U. in 1979, and miss the old Somethyme Restaurant, the predecessor of the now late, lamented Anotherthyme. I had forgotten the name of that spectacular open-faced sandwich, but you've restored it to my memory: Of course! The MSB! It must stand for Mary Bacon, restaurateur. It was a regular item on the old Somethyme menu. My husband does all the cooking now as I have lost my eyesight, but he said he will make this for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! It was such a lovely sandwich and a wonderful family of restaurants. I miss all of them. I hope you enjoy your husband's rendition of the MSB!

    ReplyDelete