Monday, October 20, 2008

ACME Blogging: Paella to Rocky Road

ACME Food & Beverage Co. has some wonderful new menu items. Last night I had the seafood paella with calamari, flounder, crabmeat, shrimp, shitake mushrooms, onions, garlic and saffron rice. It was incredibly good and I quickly ate every bite. Unfortunately, that means it's gone and I don't have any leftovers. Sad. One of the things I liked about it was that it wasn't excessively spicy. No macho streak in me kicked in, screaming "I will survive this if it's the last thing I do!" No, it wasn't painful at all, just delicious.

My 2nd Most Faithful Reader had grilled shrimp in the shell with a chile relleno, using a local Marcona pepper, stuffed with corn, rice and queso de oaxaca. Peeling the shrimp was a bit messy, but he seemed to really enjoy it. I don't think I'd actually ever tried chile relleno before, but this had an almost delicate outer layer that was qutie nice.

After her usual fried oyster salad, my MFR ordered the two crusted apple pie. I didn't try it, because I was focusing on my own dessert, but she said it was fairly tart, which sounded great to me.

I had housemade rocky road ice cream, which had large chunks of dark chocolate in it. It was very good, indeed. I didn't notice any marshmallows, but several of my readers would appreciate that. I like marshmallows, though.

It was served with a fudge cookie, which continued my chocolate overload with its crispy, chocolately goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment