Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rockfish

As most of you know, I try to avoid chain restaurants, but I do make a few exceptions. I like Rockfish, at Southpoint. It has just over a dozen locations in Texas and the one restaurant in Durham. That's comparatively small compared to almost two thousand Applebee's locations.
One reason that I'm willing to tolerate such a restaurant is because the food is actually pretty good.

They have good fried oysters (even though I don't believe they are on the menu any longer, you can still order them) and very good calamari. As you may have noticed, I've been on a fish and chips kick recently, so I ordered the Alaskan fish and chips for lunch yesterday. The fish was quite good and crispy, as were their fries. I like their apple cider slaw, too. All in all, I was very satisfied with my meal. It was way more than I could possibly eat, which accommodated a scavenger across the table from me.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 PM

    I'm super picky about my slaw, but apple cider slaw sounds like something I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockfish has the best fish tacos in town, imho. I get them every time I go there, which isn't very often now that I think about it. But still, the fish tacos are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:40 PM

    I love that price! They also have 1/2 price appetizers monday-friday from 2-5. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:40 PM

    They import their fries from Chick-Fil-A.

    ReplyDelete