Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not Exactly An Isolated Incident

Those of you who have looked at my blogger profile or my profile on almost any other social networking site have seen this line:

"I'm a scatterbrained, mischievous, incorrigible, silly, cynical, optimistic pessimist, with a flair for worrying and obfuscation."

Scatterbrained is the first adjective in the list and for a good reason, as I'm sure those of my readers who even barely know me will agree.

For example, this morning I knew that I wanted to stop by the office to check on a couple of things. I figured that it made sense to do something else in Durham while I was there, so I suggested to my Most Faithful Readers that we go out for brunch. After a long discussion, we decided on Watts Grocery. I wanted more bacon and hash browns. Since I didn't make reservations and we hit the post-church crowd timing just right, we ended up having to wait between 30 and 40 minutes.

I didn't photograph my meal, because I ended having the same thing as last weekend, except I asked for a double portion of hash browns instead of a biscuit and tried the scrambled eggs. Their hash browns are so good that I was extremely happy with the substitution. They should really make a whole entree out of them, served with apple sauce. I'm always wanting to replicate meals from my childhood.

In any case, the whole dining experience ended up taking a few hours. I drove up to my parking space with my Second MFR and discovered that not only was someone parked in my reserved spot, but there was also someone parked in the space between the two handicapped spaces, which is even worse. Someone's parking there could potentially mean that I would not be able to get back in my van, which has always been among my worst fears. Fortunately, there was a campus cop parked near the entrance to the hospital and we were able to tell him. I took the time to parallel park along the curb and left my dad with the van, in case it needed it be moved.

I went down to the basement and got all the way to the office suite entrance and realized that I had left my keys in my bedroom. That meant that we had to drive all the way back to Hillsborough to get them. You may have seen me at night or on a weekend and noticed that I was still wearing my badge and keys on my belt.

It's just safer that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment