Saturday, February 23, 2008

David Thomas Center

Yesterday, I went to a work retreat at the David Thomas Center. It's an executive conference center on Duke's campus, associated with the Fuqua School of Business. When I attended the last retreat held there, almost two years ago, I was astounded by the facility. It's almost like a resort or what I would imagine a resort would be like, since I've never actually been to a resort. It has conference rooms and residential suites. The conference rooms are well stocked with amenities and are overflowing with food and snacks.

They have a very high quality buffet in the dining area. I'm not fond of buffets, in general, but their buffet is exceptionally good, particularly the desserts. I decided to just have the one pictured above. I'm not sure what it would be called, but it primarily consisted of kiwi and meringue, with a soft and spongey crust at the bottom. The amount of chocolate on the sides was perfect, because it didn't interfere with the light fruit flavor, but it made it even more interesting.

Less than two hours later, Dove bars and Häagen-Dazs chocolate and nut covered ice cream popsicles were delivered to our room. After one of those, I felt as if I were just this side of being in a sugar induced coma for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment