Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fangirl Favors Fancy Flashlight

Last night, at Ted's talk, I bought four $1 raffle tickets for various toys donated by his company, Lucasarts. I put my personal e-mail address on the tickets, so I was mildly disappointed when I didn't hear anything last night. Well, this morning, I had e-mail from SR, at work! I won the grand prize, the Obi-wan Kenobi Lightsaber! Wow! I thought I'd be lucky if I won an Artoo-Potatoo. If you grew up watching the movies, playing with the action figures, and listening to the soundtracks over and over, then you will understand me when I say how awesome it will be to wave this overgrown flashlight around for hours on end. The sound effects are great and turning it on and off is too cool.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we've had quite a bit of wind. The power was off at my house for approximately 24 hours. Unfortunately, this branch is still precariously balanced in one of my neighbor's trees, along my property.

No comments:

Post a Comment