Saturday, January 08, 2005

EG Visit

The day after Christmas, EG was supposed to visit me before he returned to the airport, from visiting his grandmother in Swansboro. Well, the eastern part of the state had a major snow and ice storm that day, so his drive completely terrorized him. He made it to the airport, decided to return his rental car and then called me to tell me that he wasn't going to be able to make it. Since there hadn't been a flake between the airport and my home, in Hillsborough, I went to pick him up. That way he got to see my house and we had a nice multi-hour tangential conversation. Plus, I got to cook dinner for him. We had pasta with garlic, shrimp, bacon, warmed diced tomatoes and plenty of basil and pepper. We got so engrossed in our conversation that we barely made it to the airport in time for him to get through security before his flight. I wish EG had called me at least before returning the rental car, but it all worked out nicely. He'd probably just decided to keep my Christmas gift, a stuffed Stitch, for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment