Sunday, October 03, 2004

Lenore the Weekend Blogger

This week, I enjoyed yet another stellar weekend.

On Saturday morning, my mom and I left my house at 11:15 to head for 9th street find a parking space. For the 3rd time in four years, we intended to watch the NC Gay and Lesbian pride parade. JA is heavily involved in organizing it and I like to show my support. Plus, it's a really cool parade. I've thought for years about makin a sign that says "I'm straight, but they're great!", but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Unfortunately, someone pulled into my favorite parking space, just as I was pulling into the parking lot. We like parking across from Francesca's, so we can eat ice cream while we watch. We had to park in the George's Garage lot instead and they seem to have good coffee and good peanut butter cookies.

We waited an hour and a half for the parade to officially start. It's fun to people watch before that, although I have a feeling that people watching on 9th street would be pretty entertaining any Saturday morning of the year, or any other day, for that matter.

The parade was filled with the usual collection of motorcycles, gay pride organizations, bands, floats and a few drag queens. All the rainbow colored flags and baloons were nice and colorful, as always. I was happy to see that there were lots of Kerry supporters, both marching in the parade and watching from the side.

In the evening, I met GM and JH at Southpoint. We ate at Rockfish, where we shared calamari and oysters for appetizers and I had a cup of clam chowder for my meal. It was very good. Afterwards, we saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I enjoyed it. It was very entertaining and funny at times. I would be willing to see it again and, for me, that's a good recommendation.

This morning, I got up and started getting ready to get started cooking almost immediately. I made a mocha cake and a shrimp, bacon, pesto (and mozarella) pizza, just like last week. I also made a spinach salad with toasted almonds, raspberries, avacado and honey Asian citrus dressing from the Cook Something cookbook that RP gave me. JJ, JA, EB and MP came over to celenbrate JJ's birthday. I gave him a 256 MB usb flash drive. I put six birthday candles on the cake, to represent JJ's age in binary. I only lit three of them. Actually, JA lit them, because I'd forgotten how to use the lighter. I had a good time, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment