Sunday, January 27, 2013

Recent Artwork


I thought I would share with you some of the artwork that I've done in (roughly) the last year.  At the end of 2011, I  drew this chinchilla for a friend so he could send it as a card congratulating another friend for being a keynote speaker at a major conference.

psychadelic sunset with tree

After two years of working on it intermittently, I finished this acrylic painting. It's the first painting I've worked on since May of 1999 and I'm rather pleased with it. The model I used for inspiration was actually a pine that I photographed when I was in Charleston a few years ago. This made a wonderful house-warming gift for a friend who I know will appreciate it.

pen and ink penguin
Finally, I drew this pen and ink of a very stylized penguin as a card to congratulate a friend on a new job.  It's my first drawing with Micron Pigma pens and I'm pleased with the quality.  I used to be a Koh-I-Nor Rapidograph pen snob, but I just can't face cleaning them when they clog anymore.

I'm happy that I've been producing some 2D artwork after over a decade of drought.  I hope there will be many new pieces to share throughout the year!

4 comments:

  1. They're all fine pieces, but I enjoy the penguin the most. I'm a sucker for that sort of iconic reduction to pen & ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire Ragin4:50 PM

    Thanks for sharing! Love them all. But most of all I love just the fact that you are doing them...my drawing table is so patient and polite as I ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gusta el pengüino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing i like it so much

    ReplyDelete