Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blu Blogging: Carribe!



Last night I tried Blu Seafood and Bar's new signature baked oyster dish, Oysters Carribe, for the first time. The oysters are baked with tasso ham, poblano pepper cream sauce, queso fresco and topped with a plantain crust. If you like baked oysters or even suspect that you might, give these a try. The poblano peppers provide a spicy kick, so be prepared, but I would categorize the dish as only medium spicy, because none of the flavor is lost in the excitement. I'm a huge fan of spinach and oysters, so I order Oysters Rockefeller on a regular basis, but it will be nice to mix things up with this original appetizer.

1 comment:

  1. These look absolutely delicious. I love oysters, especially the spicy ones. So I have to say I am a bit disappointed that these oysters are only medium spicy. But I’ll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete