Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Volunteering and Twittering

I'll try to make this quick, because I want to finish loading the dishwasher.

Last night, I volunteered for UNC-TV by answering phones, taking pledges and eating food. I coordinated the library's volunteer effort with a few good spams. I had a good time and got to see JE! That was exciting, indeed. She showed me several pictures of her cats. It was also nice to meet the people from other areas of Duke, with whom I coordinated the logistics. The programming wasn't too exciting, so we didn't get a tremendous number of calls. They've continued to improve the technology, so I was actually able to hear every single one of the people I did talk to. Last time when I volunteered it was pouring rain, so I was also very thankful that I didn't get soaked this year.

Today the weather was beautiful, so I had a very nice time during my lunch hour getting more Pauly Dogs veggie dogs. I did that yesterday, too, actually, but the weather was nicer today so my inhalation was more leisurely.

Tonight my parents and I went to Taverna Nikos for dinner. I had the fruit and cheese platter, which was very good.

I've been joining the masses and checking out Twitter this week. It's basically broadcast IM, which has enormous potential. It reminds me of zephyr classes, but on a massive scale. I'm sure it would be more fun if I actually knew some people on there, so let me know if any of you use it.
It's been very slow with all of its publicity this week, so if you do check it out, you may need to be patient. I believe they are working on beefing it up so it can keep up with the traffic. You can also take a look at a neat Twitter / Google Maps mashup called Twittervision.

Scrap the dishwasher idea. It's time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment