Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You mean they didn't steal it?

Now that the election is over, I still have a feeling of disbelief. Despite prevalent optimism about retaking the senate, we really don't know what will happen. It's looking good, but...........as I am writing this, Keith Olbermann is announcing that AP has called the race for Webb, but Olbermann still is sounding skeptical that it's over.

Even thought it's quite clear that the House has a democratic majority, it doesn't seem real either. This is despite the fact that there was actually liberal happy dancing in the aisles at work today. I think I just have a hard time believing that any situation can and will improve. The good thing about this is that I'm often pleasantly surprised.

I had a truly excellent time watching the news coverage of the election returns last night, with DS, LA, AT and AN. I made macaroons and ordered pizza. We were enthusiastically, yet pensively, glued to my television all evening. I learned that Picture In Picture doesn't work so well if the DVR is recording something on a different channel. I don't use it very much, obviously.

Olbermann is sounding less skeptical. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment