Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame

The morning after my dad and I arrived in Nashville, we had breakfast at the hotel, which was ok. They had strange egg discs, which were surprisingly good. As we were leaving the hotel, I got a call from RR to say that she had her baby. That was an exciting way to start the day!

IMG_0847

We visited the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. I thought it was pretty interesting thinking about what sort of things my ancestors would have listened to and the instruments they would have played. Plus, I'd heard the music of at least some of the musicians they featured there. I've never been a huge country music fan, but I am more likely to like the old stuff. Of course, the Joan Baez Country Music Album is one of my favorites. I took an inexplicable number of pictures while I was there. The lobby was one of the coolest things, from an aesthetic perspective. Another cool thing was the architecture of the room containing the Hall of Fame itself, particularly the ceiling.
IMG_0850IMG_0902
We had lunch at the cafe in the lobby area and David Andersen was playing guitar while people ate. He showed me a few things, both simple and complicated, and seemed extremely nice. We bought a CD and a book from him. My dad was most amused when he recognized a Bach piece, because he hadn't realized that Bach was a country musician. Andersen apparently will play just about anything that's requested, showing off incredible versatility. I had a fried green tomato BLT for lunch, which was pretty good.
IMG_0885

No comments:

Post a Comment