Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Zombies, Cannibals, and a Chinchilla

This past weekend I saw a movie, with GM and AE, Shaun of the Dead. It was basically a spoof on zombie movies. The amazing thing is that it was absolutely hilarious while at the same time being fairly gross and actually scary. Now, I'm not one to watch scary movies, so the avid horror aficionado might not find it that scary at all, but I was happy to be watching it on a 19" television with several people around. If you like very funny movies that are pretty intense and don't mind very crude language, disgusting gore or zombies, then this is probably the movie for you.

In other news, I did my taxes. There weren't any snags there, thankfully.

I attended a baby shower on Monday. I believe that was my first.

Guitar practice has been going well. In addition to Brown Eyed Girl and Country Roads, I've been working on Cannibals, by Mark Knopfler, and Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, by Otis Redding. It's been getting more and more fun playing my guitar with JJ and EB, as I get better. Playing with a group is such a different experience from playing solo, because you put so much more energy into listening while you're playing. At least, that's what I've observed so far.

On Saturday night, I went over to JB and EG's house, with AE, and we played Loaded Questions. I've been a long time since I've played that, but it's truly an excellent game. It's so much more about self discovery and getting to know other people than it is about winning or losing, which makes it very cool. They have a new chinchilla, PB, which is adorable.

Tonight I used a nifty free tool, HTTrack, to backup my entire blog onto disk. I've been meaning to do that for a while and it was very simple.

I don't usually like to predict the future in my blog, but I've taken a lot of other good photos lately and I hope to show them off soon.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Now that's a cute chinchilla!

    ReplyDelete