Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Crispy is Challenging

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I also ordered three more Geomag sets on New Year's Eve Eve (the 30th). I found that the cheapest price for them was on eBay, from Taylor's Toys and Collectibles. I actually made my first bids on eBay for that purchase. Since no one bid against me, I got them for $40 each. It was all very exciting.

On New Year's Day, I met JJ and H at Fowler's for brunch. We had a great time talking about various non-serious things. I tried their Huevos Rancheros again and it wasn't as good as last time, but it was still quite good. I don't think the avocados were ripe enough, but otherwise it was the same.

That night, we tried frying chicken in my new electric frying pan. I ended up being alone with a dead (a good thing) frying chicken and I was supposed to turn it. This appears to be something that requires guidance, experience or common sense, because I didn't do it right. I didn't scrape up the skin that was stuck to the bottom of the pan, so the crust didn't turn out right and crispy at all. It was still good, but just not what we were hoping for. Next time.

The next day, Monday, was extremely gloomy. We were supposed to have severe weather, but we didn't have that either. After that, it was back to work. Things were really starting to pick up before the start of the semester. One wouldn't think that professors would be preparing for their spring classes on the 2nd of January, but they are. This is particularly surprising to the daughter of a faculty member. I thought these things were always done at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment