Saturday, August 06, 2005

Where do you plan to be in five years?

What a week! I had four interviews. Considering the time and energy I put into preparing for them, it was a lot of work.

Sunday, I went over to Duke campus check out the location of an interview. That night, I went out to dinner at George's Garage with JJ, JA and EB. I had a dragon roll and gyoza dumplings. Their gyoza dumplings were rather small and not nearly as good as Chai's or Oishii. Afterwards, we went to Francesca's for ice cream. I got lemon sorbetto, which was nice and sour, as always.
Monday, I had an interview with a small local company. It went rather well and lasted two hours.

Tuesday, I had an on-site interview at the Duke library. I had a great time, but it sure was exhausting after four hours. As much as I like interviewing, they are still stressful. I got to go through Special Collections to avoid using an ancient elevator, which I appreciated tremendously. That night, my parents and I went to Oishii and I had exactly the same meal as at George's. It was excellent.

Wednesday, I went over to the career center for "job club" and a "networking lunch". They provide lunch and this week it was interesting, because we had all sorts of mayonnaise based dishes, including chicken salad, potato salad, coleslaw and something with cheese that I couldn't identify. This was the first time I'd been to one of the networking lunches, although I grabbed pizza at the end of one several weeks ago.

Thursday, I had a phone interview with SAS. Everyone at the career center was excited about that when I told them the previous day. It's just so hard to get an interview there, especially without a referral.

Friday, I had yet another phone interview with same company as Monday and that went really well, too.

This morning, I went to the Orange County Radio Amateurs breakfast. We had a good crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment