Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Random Activities When I Haven't Been Working

The most exciting thing this past weekend was my making French Toast for the first time. It worked out rather nicely. I used thinly sliced pieces of French bread, which seeemed to be a good choice. It's a lot easier than making pancakes, since the bread already has structural integrity.

I spent a lot of time over the past few weeks watching basketball. I've had a lot more free time ever since Duke lost.

I went to the Orange County Radio Amateurs Saturday morning breakfasts at BoJangles for the last couple of weeks. It's been entertaining, educational and filling.

I've been having fun with my Treo. Last night I put on the 1.08 firmware update. I think there was a slight improvement in the audio volume and it did free up some memory. I also added the free 128 MB expansion card , which palmOne offered.

Otherwise it's been work, work and more work. Today I even decided to leave work at 4:15pm and work from home the rest of the day from my deck. That was very nice, indeed. The weather has been beautiful. The cardinals, who were originally far more timid than the titmice and nuthatches, were finally brave enough to take a few seeds while I was sitting there. This time one of the squirrels barked at me for a while, but they stayed away for the most part.

I met JJ at Fowler's for lunch yesterday. They've expanded their lunch menu, which was quite exciting. I had a bagel with smoked salmon, tomatoes, onions and capers, with a side of fresh fruit. I also tried yet another brand of root beer, Abita. It was good, but still not as spicy as I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment